Gray hair is a common issue and women are more prone to it. It can be quite irritating and detrimental to the self-esteem of a person. What most people do is use hair dyes. However, the dyes are packed with chemicals and they damage the scalp and the hair follicles. Fortunately, there is a natural remedy which can treat gray hair. What’s more, the remedy which we will show you today is inexpensive, safe, and extremely effective. You already have the main ingredient in your home-onion.
We all know that onion is usually used for cooking, but it also has some amazing beauty benefits. It contains high amounts of sulfur, which is the crucial mineral for the main building blocks of hair. So, onion can stimulate the blood circulation, nourish the hair follicles, and treat scalp infections. Moreover, onions contain catalase, which can prevent premature graying. Here are two methods how to use onions to treat the premature graying of hair.
Onion Juice After-Wash Solution
- 1 tbsp. of onion juice
- 1l warm water
All you should do is add the onion juice to the warm water. Then, use the mixture as the final rinse after you shampoo. Make sure you repeat the procedure every second day. Remember that the odor of onion will be retained in your hair until the next time it is shampooed.
Onion Juice Scalp-Soaking Solution
- 1 large onion
- a grater/ blender/ juicer
- a strainer
First, wash the onion thoroughly and peel off the outer layers. Next, chop it into smaller pieces and blend it well. Then, use the juice to massage your hair, especially the scalp. Leave it to act for 30-45 minutes. Finish by rinsing it off with shampoo. Repeat this method once or twice a week.
- In order to prevent premature graying of hair, you should increase the intake of foods rich in vitamin B12 and vitamin A. The best food sources of vitamins B and A include green leafy vegetables and fruits. Hence, you should consume more banana, cauliflower, tomato, yogurt, and cereals. Vitamin B12 is found in dairy products, eggs, and meat.
- Instead of using dyes full of chemicals, you should use Henna, which will restore hair color and nourish the hair follicles.
- Increase the intake of iodine-rich foods.
- Reduce stress and incorporate a healthy lifestyle.