Even though we know how bad for our health processed foods are, they are still at the top of our favorite foods list. These processed products, fast food, GMOs and sugary treats are bad for our bodies and we are still not completely aware of this. What they do is alter our pH values to a great extent. This is due to the fact that our bodies are meant to be alkaline, and with consumption of these foods, we make them acidic. The acidic pH values make the body more prone to diseases and this is why we need to consume more vegetables and fruits instead of junk food.
The Best Alkaline Foods to Consume
If you are one of those people who want to take care of your health, we are here to present you with the best alkaline foods to eat. You can forget all about the junk food and turn to a healthier alternative instead. This will give your body a hand and it will help perform the functions properly.
1. Flax Seed
Flax seeds are very alkaline. They are rich in fiber and vitamin E. They have anti-inflammatory properties which help them to reduce hot flashes in menopausal women.
2. Olive Oil
Olive oil is very healthy. It contains vitamin E and monounsaturated fatty acids much more than any other food.
Buckwheat contains nutrients that can keep you satiated through the whole day. Just eat more of them to strengthen the heart and maintain optimal cardiovascular function.
Melon has an amazing pH value which is 8.5. If you consume fresh melons even better. Watermelons are also very great, their content is 92% water.
5. Swiss Chard
Swiss chard is one of the most alkaline foods out there. It can protect the system from viruses, bacteria and free radicals.
Other Alkaline Foods
- Papaya flushes toxins from the colon and it is a natural laxative
- Oranges can protect against colds
- Spinach contains tons of vitamins
- Mango cleanses the colon
- Parsley detoxifies the intestines
- Cucumber is made of 90% water, thus it can keep the skin healthy and youthful
- Qunoa regulates blood sugar
- Seaweeds are full or iron and they can decrease the acidity
- Grapefruit is high in vitamin A and C
- Cauliflower is a great substitute for bread
- Sauerkraut and other fermented foods are probiotics which you should add to your diet
- Brussel Sprouts have anti-cancer potential
- Lemons are the best alkaline food, they can prevent colds, flu and coughs
- Alfafa Sprouts are easy to digest and full of enzymes that provide normal hormonal balance
- Pineapple can help you lose weight in a healthy way
- Grapes have multivitamins and antioxidants in their content and they are great for people who have hypertension
- Broccoli decreases cholesterol
- Garlic regulates the blood pressure
- Carrots with their beta-carotene can improve vision
- Berries are high in antioxidants
- Bananas are a superfood
- Avocados have monounsaturated fats that can strengthen the heart
Now that you are familiarized with all the alkaline and healthy foods, start to incorporate them in your daily diet. Just exchange the junk foods with these healthy ones and your body and health will be extremely thankful.